Friday, May 30, 2008

Mail Drop Inventory

I've uploaded the mail drop inventory (see link to the right) so inquiring minds can see what our hiker has been eating on the trail, and what I've been mailing out to him.... Thankfully, our firm offered to let me post his mail drops from the office, which means its no cost to us - as a "you're going away, but promise you're coming back" present. So, thanks, KSK!!

Many of the recipes I’ve made, and food ideas I’ve gotten, have been from the “Appalachian Trail Food Planner” by Lou Adsmond. It’s maybe the best trail-related purchase I made, and I highly suggest it if you’re inspired by Shawn’s trip and want to tackle the trail yourself ... It also has a detailed itinerary which Shawn used as a sample, in combination with several others, to plan out his trip and mail drop locations.

Shawn should be in Pearisburg, VA, tonight or tomorrow, and I’ll let everyone know when I’ve heard from him…. I can’t wait! Hope all are well, and have a great weekend!

(please note the farmer’s tan….)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is when mr. chain became a thru-hiker when he sipped the chicken juice... much love c-bass