Monday, March 31, 2008

WELCOME TO AMICALOLA FALLS

We have arrived at Amicalola State Park after a long and tiring, but beautiful, drive. Free internet here too. Elizabeth and I crossed the trail once yesterday and five times today. We saw some hikers in Franklin, NC and earlier at Elwin, TN – one I recognized as Dynamite, a guy whose trail journal I randomly started following a few weeks ago. How perfect is that? I called out his trail name and got out of the car to talk to him, but I think he was a little disconcerted by my stalker behavior. Had an incredible dinner at a funky restaurant in Dahlonega, GA before coming to the lodge. Unfortunately, the bar is not open and nobody sells booze on Sundays in Georgia, so we’re a bit dry for our final night together. Still lots to do – finish writing an outline for Doug (will work ever end?), pick out the id and cards from my wallet, cut my fingernails, write this up. I also want to take a moment to thank everyone who has helped in some form or another, whether it was a gift card or a simple “good luck”. You’re all in my thoughts as I prepare, and your well wishes will be a solace in times of boredom and loneliness. See you all soon!

No comments: