Sunday, March 30, 2008

REGRETS

Next time I do the Trail (!), I will do things a little differently. Like give myself at least one day between ending work and starting the drive down. My desk at KSK looks like I'll be in on Monday, I didn't have time to touch a thing. I also didn't have time to fully load my ipod with music, so Elizabeth has to endure me whining whenever a good song comes on the radio. I still have to do an outline for Doug for a work project - its coming Doug! I also would like to have exercised my hiking muscles a little more. I started using the stairs to our 12th floor office in the last two weeks, but it’s annoying to arrive at your desk winded and sweaty. I feel like I'm in some sort of decent "base" shape since I bike the 7 miles roundtrip to work fairly often, but that uses totally different muscles than hiking. I would also liked to have had more time for the drive, and maybe done some shakedown hikes along the way. Plus the mountains here are pretty amazing and there’s lots of attractive places to visit. Elizabeth and I could’ve made a real vacation of it. Other than that, I think we're mostly prepared, at least in terms of gear, food, and other physical things. The mental preparation is strong, in terms of knowing what I'm getting into, but it was still a shock yesterday when loading the car, since all I own right now is in a backback, and I won't see home for months. A tearful goodbye with my Camille as well.

No comments: