Thursday, April 24, 2008

10% Done

Got to talk briefly with Shawn a few moments ago – he asked me to pass on some info for our friend Chris: he hiked under the US40 overpass and thought you'd appreciate knowing that bit of trail/transit trivia. And, as bonus info, but in the "gross information" category - although he did get to shower for the first time in 6 days, he did not get to do laundry, so he put back on the clothes he had been hiking in, and set out again (ick). That part sounds completely unappealing to me (and the rest of the folks here in our office), but Shawn really seems to be enjoying himself!!

The group he's currently hiking with is not staying overnight at the hostel this evening, but instead is pushing on towards Hot Springs, where a festival and hot springs relaxation await. When he gets there, there will be a better phone connection and internet service, as well as more time to chat… which I, for one, am looking forward to!!

1 comment:

Clank said...

Wow...thanks for the love! I'm honored that you'll think of me every time you cross an interstate. I can just imagine that lovely Route 40 overpass... I am finally keeping current with the blog after having read all of the past entries. It sounds amazing out there. Keep it up!

Chris