Wednesday, July 23, 2008

New Jersey and Hikers. .. Perfect Together.

A morning update from our intrepid hiker... I find it hard to believe, but today will be their last day in NJ! Apparently NJ has been a big hit with the hiking crowd, especially after the rocks of Pennsylvania. According to Shawn, "PA is the old and busted, and NJ is the new hotness." Of course, as a former Jersey girl, I could have told him that.... His NJ adventures included a send-off from his family at the Delaware Water Gap (photos to come), a call to me from the top of the trail near my favorite camp, Fairview Lake (my LTC folks will appreciate that), and dinner and a grocery store run last night with my parents in Vernon, NJ. Yesterday, during the hottest part of the day, Shawn and Zen sat in an air-conditioned hotel room watching very dated movies, and making a couple calls to me to search IMDB for casting information... Today, he and Zen will hike 10 miles and be in NY, and one state closer to Maine!

3 comments:

Dad said...

Thanks for the update on Shawn & Zen! Glad to hear the NJ was rather enjoyable and easier to tackle than PA's rocks!

Best of luck as you enter NY! I will send off a package to Shawn @ Dalton,MA the next Gen. Deliv.

Liz-wished that you could have joined us at Kim & Daryl's in the Poconos! Summer is winding down as it is almost into August!

Safe journey Shawn! Keep the Keychains coming!

Love,
Dad

Kel (L'il Sis) said...

Thanks for the update Elizabeth! I'm glad that he got to spend time with your parents too!

Brittany Turner said...

Hi Keychain! Glad you were able to enjoy the oranges and sodas in NY. Looking forward to reading the rest of your journal!

xo
Brittany